This hands-on program will teach your staff to be successful yard jockey trainers. They'll be ready to effectively deliver the Safe & Smart™ Driver Training online, in the classroom and on the range.
A training needs assessment and policy review will allow our trainers to tailor the Yard Driver Trainer Certification Program to the needs of your trainers and drivers. With this program, our experienced trainers will teach your trainer candidates using a comprehensive approach that consists of:
Online Course Review
Ensures trainers have a strong understanding of the same content your yard switchers will be tested on while taking our Safe & Smart™ online courses.
Teaches your trainers how to effectively use our course curriculum materials in the classroom.
Demonstrates how to set up a range, conduct yard truck inspections and backing exercises, coach drivers behind the wheel and conduct final testing.
Evaluation and Certification
Concludes with recommendations for improvements, advice on best practices and certification to deliver the Safe & Smart™ Driver Training Program to yard drivers.
Training Program Resources
In addition to teaching your trainers using the actual types of yard trucks they’ll use, this program provides all of the content and resources needed, including:
- Safe & Smart™ Trainer Program Guidebook PowerPoint presentation for conducting classroom instruction
- Access to all Safe & Smart™ yard driver training online courses
- Safe & Smart™ yard driver training workbooks
- Two-year certification of Safe & Smart™ yard jockey trainers
- Monthly Driver Training Awareness newsletter
- Unlimited access to subject matter experts for regulatory & safety questions