Let us develop your staff into highly-impactful trainers of entry-level drivers in compliance with the Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) rule. Your trainers will be qualified to deliver the required theory, range and road instruction using our Safe & Smart™ ELDT Curriculum.
During the course of this program, our experienced trainers will teach your trainers using an in-depth program that includes:
Online Course Review
Ensures trainers have a strong understanding of the same content entry-level drivers will be tested on while taking the Safe & Smart™ online courses.
Teaches trainers how to effectively use our ELDT course curriculum materials in the classroom.
Range and Road Training
Demonstrates how to set up a range, conduct vehicle inspections and backing exercises, coach drivers on the road and conduct final testing.
Evaluation and Certification
Concludes with recommendations for improvements, advice on best practices and certification to deliver the Safe & Smart™ Driver Training Program to entry-level drivers.
ELDT Training Program Resources
In addition to teaching your trainers using the vehicle types they’ll be training with, this program provides all of the resources they’ll need, including:
- Safe & Smart™ ELDT Trainer Program Guidebook
- PowerPoint presentation for conducting classroom instruction
- Access to all Safe & Smart™ ELDT online courses
- Safe & Smart™ ELDT workbooks
- Assistance with registration on FMCSA’s Training Program Registry (TPR)
- Two-year certification of Safe & Smart™ ELDT trainers
- Monthly Driver Training Awareness newsletter
- Unlimited access to subject matter experts for regulatory & safety questions
Already Have an ELDT Curriculum?
Our ELDT Range & Road Trainer Certification Program will teach your trainers how to effectively conduct the required ELDT behind-the-wheel instruction.
Assessing Your Needs
To tailor this program specifically for the needs of your company, we'll start by evaluating your:
- Trainer candidates
- Policies & procedures
- Most common/serious accidents
- Driver turnover rate
- And more